Billy Bridges – Sledge Hockey
A couple months ago, Ferg wrote about one of our upcoming Olympic activities called the Fund a Champion Campaign. Today, in honour of International Olympic Day, Molson is thrilled to announce that the select group of Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Winter athlete hopefuls have been identified! Today is the official introduction of the Molson Canadian/Molson Export (Quebec) Fund a Champion Campaign. Molson is committing up to $20,000 each to a group of 10 emerging athletes from across Canada to help them in their pursuit for excellence at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Jeff Batchelor – Snowboard
The designated 10 athletes (7 Olympian and 3 Paralympian) represent Canada’s four regions (Atlantic, Quebec, Ontario and Western provinces). Each athlete will receive an initial $8,000 from the Molson Donations Fund in support of Molson’s Active Lifestyles community pillar. Molson will now call upon our employees to ‘adopt’ the athletes and encourage staff to raise additional funds in support of the athletes. Our athletes:
- Mark Arendz – Paralympic Nordic Skiing – Hartsville, PEI
- Brittany Webster – Cross Country Skiing – Caledon, ON
- Billy Bridges – Sledge Paralympian – Mississauga, ON
- Jeff Batchelor – Snowboard Halfpipe – Oakville, ON
- Francois Louis Tremblay – Speed Skating – Montreal, QC
- Joannie Rochette – Skate Canada – Ile Dupas, QC
- Jean Labonte – Sledge Paralympian – Hull QC
- Denny Morrison – Speed Skating – Calgary, AB
- Tom Velisek – Snowboard Cross – Vernon, BC
- Melissa Hollingsworth – Bobsleigh Skeleton, Eckville, AB
Joannie Rochette – Skate Canada
Today, Molson employees are celebrating the news and commemorating International Olympic Day with a series of Olympic BBQs at each of our breweries and sales offices across Canada – complete with Fund a Champion athlete appearances!
More pics and deets to come. Cheers and Happy Olympic Day!