A few weeks back, we wrote about our partnership with the Vancouver Aquarium and WWF-Canada for their upcoming Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup (GCSC). As promised, I have some more details around Molson Canadian’s participation in events across Canada.
Background on the cleanup: From September 18–26, Canadians will be volunteering at shoreline cleanup sites in urban and rural communities, removing harmful litter from fresh and salt water shorelines coast to coast to coast.
How do you get involved?
You, your friends and family are invited to help clean up our local shorelines and then join Molson Canadian at a wrap up celebration!
Where we’ll be:
VANCOUVER Saturday, Sept 18, 2010
TORONTO Saturday, Sept 18, 2010
- Cleanup – 10:00 a.m. Woodbine Beach (Register)
- Post cleanup celebrations – St. Louis Bar and Grill and Gull & Firkin
OTTAWA Saturday, Sept 18, 2010
- Cleanup – 10:00 a.m. Rideau Canal, Major Hills Park (Register)
- Post cleanup celebrations – Minglewoods Tap n’ Grill
HALIFAX Saturday, Sept 18, 2010
St.ALBERT (AB) Sunday, Sept 19, 2010
- Cleanup – 10:00 a.m. Sturgeon River at St. Albert Place (Register)
- Post cleanup celebrations – Vintage
There are hundreds of other locations across the country – to find one in your hometown: http://shorelinecleanup.ca/en/search/cleanups
We’re excited to play our part in an initiative that will help keep Canada’s water resources beautiful so we can continue to brew our beer with the best this land has to offer! I’ll be at the Toronto event this weekend along with fellow Molson Coors employees @MolsonMoffat and @MolsonCaroleB. If you’re in the area, drop by for the cleanup and a cold one
See you on the shorelines. Cheers, MolsonTonia