Archive for the United Way/Centraide category

Saturday, November 20th, 2010

Molson Coors employees raise funds for the United Way of Calgary & Area

Even with Mother Nature having her say, the Molson Coors Gala was a remarkable event!  There were lots on amazing silent auction items to bid on, a great personal story was shared by  Bill Melathopolous about living with and understanding Epilepsy, a United Way message was brought to us by Ruth Ramsted-Wood, an unbelievable performance by Gord Bamford and his band, the Pheasant Pluckers, and of course the State of the Union on the Calgary Flames from Assistant GM Jay Feaster.

The highlight of the event was the “Cheque Presentation”  of $26,603.99

UW Gala Cheque Presentation L-R

Scott Benson -  Molson Coors Planning and Execution Assistant Manager,   Strat Kane – Molson Coors Vice President,  Western Canada and Jessica Bergen – Loaned Rep for the United Way of  Calgary and Area

Cheers…sagree

Wednesday, November 17th, 2010

Molson Coors Concludes Another Successful United Way Campaign

With our annual United Way campaign now over, I can proudly cover some highlights of the campaign and how Molson Coors helped out in a big way this year!

To date, we have raised $550,000 including our corporate match…pretty sweet, eh?  As an added incentive (although I don’t think one was needed, since we have a generous team as is) employees who pledged more than $100 were entered to win our national prize: a trip for two to the Grey Cup! Not too shabby, right?  We also gave away four iPads for our regional draws.

The really great thing about our Toronto UW campaign is that it gives us an extra opportunity to plan internal events. We had two pubnights which boasted delicious food care of St. Louis Bar and Grill and Lone Star Cafe.  Most importantly, we  got our awesome team together for after work beers and socializing in support of a good cause.

The West hosted  galas in Edmonton on November 4th, and Calgary November 16th, but what would a Molson Coors gala be without a special guest or two?   The Calgary gala featured an appearance by Calgary Flames assistant  GM JayFeaster, who gave a “state of the union” address and fielded questions from the audience.  Cheers to the team out West for putting together two exquisite galas!

We look forward to planning our 2011 United Way Campaign in the coming months, and each year we aim to raise more money and more awareness of the importance in donating to United Way.  Big thanks to Gordon Shand and Toby Goldberg, our sponsored employee for all of their help and dedication in getting this campaign up and running.  Great work everyone, I’m so happy I got to participate this year…can’t wait for the next!  Be sure to check out some of the campaign pics below…

Cheers!

United Way Pubnight - Toronto

Our Extreme Girls showcasing our busy United Way Campaign calendar!

Foosball baby!

Sebastien Gagner(packaging scientist) with one of the helpful ladies from St. Louis Bar and Grill

Fine selection of beverages on the John Molson bar

Toronto - Kick off with Toronto Maple Leafs

My personal favourite! From L to R: Myself, Tonia Hammer, Mike Coletta (Asst. Manager, Digital and Relationship Marketing)

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010

Molson Coors Calgary employees hosts United Way Gala

Molson Coors National United Way Campaign was held October  4-15 .  In Calgary, employees are hosting their fundraiser, the “United Way Gala”  on Tuesday, November 16th at Flames Central.  UW Gala_E invite    

The night will be filled with great entertainment from the Pheasant Pluckers  with a guest appearance by 2010 CCMA Male Artist of the Year, Gord Bamford, a keynote address by Calgary Flames Assistant GM, Jay Feaster which will be followed by a Q & A opportunity.  There will be great silent auction items which include Autographed jersey’s, Calgary Flames and Calgary Stampeder tickets, plus many other great items.  You will have the opportunity to sample products from our portfolio of beers which will be paired with delicious appetizers prepared by the chef’s at Flames Central

See you there!

Cheers…the Molson Coors United Way Calgary Committee

Tuesday, October 12th, 2010

Molson Coors Kicks Off Another Awesome United Way Campaign in Toronto

Molson Coors Employees with Toronto Maple Leafs’ Francois Beauchemin, Luke Schenn, Jean-Sebastien Giguere and reporter Joe Bowen!

After much hard work, we finally kicked off our 2010 United Way campaign on October 5 here in Toronto!  It wouldn’t be in true Molson Coors style if we didn’t invite some special guests along  for the kick-off ride, so we called out to Brian Burke (Toronto Maple Leafs GM), Joe Bowen (Leafs broadcaster) and a few  players as well!  Luke Schenn, Francois Beauchemin AND Jean-Sebastien Giguere showed up and gave some hockey lessons on our very own rink!

It gets better…the guys posed for pictures and signed autographs for employees too!  After all of the outdoor excitement, everyone headed inside to our John Molson Café for some delicious beer and watched as Brian Burke took over the room.

This year, we hope to raise $500,000 to donate, and so far we have been having awesome success raising funds.  I heard all about last year’s campaign, and am so excited that this year I get to partake in all of the 2010 United Way events.

Last night I went to our first United Way pub night, also at the John Molson Café, which included beer (of course) awesome live music, and wings from St. Louis Bar and Grille…I may have overindulged just a bit, but it was all worth it! I should also note that along with the food and beer, there were several games set up and employees got entered into a draw to win Leafs tickets.  I’m elated to say I work amongst people who are so generous and enthusiastic about all United Way efforts…keep up the good work Molson Coors!

There’s so much in store here at the office, like next week’s pub night which will be just as good if not better than last night’s event!  Cheers to everyone here for playing their part, and making a huge difference in the lives of so many.  I can’t wait to attend the next event!

Check out some of the pics from our kick off:

Luke Schenn on the ice!

Myself, Tonia Hammer and Mike Coletta

Monday, October 4th, 2010

2010 Molson Coors United Way/Centraide Campaign kicks off today!

Today we kick off our two week 2010 employee United Way Campaign!

Like every year, we have activities planned across the country to raise funds to help make a real difference in the lives of our fellow Canadians.  From pub nights to beer carts to Gala dinners, it should be an exciting two weeks!

Molson Coors will also be participating in this year’s United Way’s Sponsored Employee Program – an employee is ‘sponsored’ by Molson Coors to work for the United Way for 15 weeks.  The loaned employee helps with the United Way’s annual workplace campaign on a full-time basis while their salary and benefits remain the same as if they were at work in their regular function at Molson Coors.

This year’s employee is Sue Perdue, Packaging Operator at the Toronto Brewery.  Will be sure to get the story on her experience with the United Way!

So…a busy couple of weeks ahead, but all well worth it to help the United Way reach its 2010 goal of $113 million!

Does your company have a employee UW campaign? Will you be participating?

Molson Coors United Way Pub Night Toronto

2009 United Way Pub Night – Toronto

Molson Coors United Way Pub Night Toronto

United Way kick-off Toronto - Michael 'Pinball' Clemons