Archive for the Troops category

Friday, April 20th, 2012

Un coup de pouce aux militaires canadiens de Val Cartier!

Un petit geste de 2,000$ de Molson Coors qui fera définitivement une grande différence pour nos militaires canadiens blessés au combat en leur permettant de reprendre de l’activité physique et la tranquillité d’esprit par la pêche à la mouche. 

Le Projet des Eaux curatives par la pêche à la mouche du Canada est dévoué à la réadaptation physique et émotionnelle des soldats canadiens, vétérans et canadiens blessés. Il vise l’enseignement des principes de la pêche à la mouche et la fabrication de mouches. Ce programme de niveau nationnal, promouvoit la qualité plutôt que la quantité. L’an passé, 15 soldats ont bénéficié du programme. Cette année, l’organisation prévoit au moins le même nombre.

Cette initiative, mise sur pied par la Base canadienne de Val Cartier, est également ouverte à tous les Canadiens-es qui souffrent de traumatismes tant physiques qu’émotionnels. 

Bravo pour cette belle initiative et pour avoir réussi à rassembler des centaines de personnes autour de ce magnifique projet.

Cheers!

Friday, November 11th, 2011

Remembrance Day…let us never forget – Le jour du Souvenir… n’oublions jamais

Today, on the 11th day of the 11th month at the 11th hour, let’s pause with all Canadians and recognize the sacrifices and achievements of those who have served in the cause of peace and freedom, and commemorate Canadians who died in service to Canada in missions around the world over the years.

The peaceful society we in Canada enjoy today is only a dream to many people in the world who live in countries torn apart by violence. This peace is possible because it has been protected by the efforts and sacrifices of generations of Canadians over the years who put their lives on the line. Remembering all that these men and women have done during times of war, military conflict and peace helps us understand the country we live in today and how we can build a better future together.

Molson Coors is proud to acknowledge the Veterans, Canadian Forces members and those who have given their lives in the pursuit of peace, and who have made great contributions to our country and the world. At 11am, we will lower our flags to half-staff until sunset, to commemorate Canada’s courageous veterans, soldiers and their families.

Lest we forget.

Le jour du Souvenir… n’oublions jamais

En ce 11e jour du 11e mois de 2011 à 11 h, faisons une pause avec tous les Canadiens afin de reconnaître les sacrifices et les réalisations de ceux qui se sont consacrés à la cause de la paix et de la liberté, et de commémorer les Canadiens qui, au cours des années, ont donné leur vie au service du Canada lors de missions à travers le monde.

La société pacifique où nous les Canadiens vivons aujourd’hui n’est en effet qu’un rêve que caressent plusieurs personnes qui vivent dans des pays déchirés par la violence. Cette paix n’est possible que parce qu’elle a été protégée par les efforts et les sacrifices de générations de Canadiens qui ont mis leur vie en jeu au cours des ans. Nous rappeler ce que ces femmes et ces hommes ont accompli durant les périodes de guerre, de conflits militaires ou de paix nous aide à mieux comprendre le pays où nous vivons de nos jours et la façon de bâtir un meilleur avenir ensemble.

Molson Coors est fière de rendre hommage aux anciens combattants, aux membres des forces armées canadiennes et à ceux qui ont donné leur vie au nom de la quête pour la paix et dont l’apport a contribué au bien-être de notre pays et du monde entier. Dès 11 h, nous abaisserons nos drapeaux à mi-mât jusqu’au coucher du soleil afin de commémorer le courage des vétérans et soldats canadiens ainsi que des membres de leur famille.

Nous nous souviendrons d’eux.

Friday, March 18th, 2011

Tower…this is Molson Air

Molson Air!

Team Molson Air Afghanistan

I loooooooove this story and have been waiting for so long to post it!  A year in the making…The Can of Molson Excel that flew a mission in Afghanistan.

Story below from: Don Wall, President and CEO, Canadian Helicopters Limited (largest helicopter transportation services company operating in Canada)

In March of 2009 Canadian Helicopters Limited (CHL) began providing helicopter transportation services to the US Military in Afghanistan. The contract involves the supply of 11 contracted aircraft for the transportation of personnel, mail, food and other supplies between US Military base locations. Normally, when aircraft arrive at an airport, the pilots identify the aircraft’s five letter ‘call sign’ to the control towers using the phonetic alphabet: “This is Charlie‐Foxtrot‐Bravo‐Kilo‐Oscar”. That’s quite a mouthful when coming and going from a high traffic airport eight or nine times a day. On the very first day of the contract, one of the Air Traffic Controllers (ATC) announced, “We can’t be using those long‐winded call signs. You need a code name.” Of course everything and everyone has a code name in the US military; they had recently named a Russian helicopter contractor after a popular brand of Vodka. CHL suggested a few code names, but they were rejected for various reasons. When the Americans were asked “what comes to mind when you think of the words ‘Canada’ or ‘Canadian’?”, the response was unanimous:

“MOLSON!”

CHL’s aircraft are now referred to as “Molson 1”,“Molson 2”, etc. and the operation is fondly known as “Molson Air”—a blend of two very distinct icons, but both truly Canadian.

Awesome, right?  A little more to the story…

In early 2010, I was contacted by Todd from CHL. Todd had a simple request – would Molson Coors Canada be willing to donate some product to their military base location in Afghanistan?

We donate Molson Canadian throughout the year to Canadian Troops overseas, so we were happy to help out, but this request was a bit different.  Pilots are always on call, so we needed to arrange for our non-alcoholic beer, Molson Excel to be delivered :)   After some back and forth with Todd and help from our distribution team, we had fresh Molson Excel brewed in time to hitch a ride on a cargo plane to Afghanistan.

And to end the story perfectly….

Last week Don dropped by our brewery in Toronto to deliver a framed “Can of Molson Excel” to Dave Perkins, our President and CEO on behalf of the CHL and “Molson Air Afghanistan”.  The Can of beer was actually flown on a combat mission!  So awesome.

Thanks guy and be safe up there.  Cheers…”Molson out”

Don Wall and Dave Perkins

L-R: Don Wall, President and CEO CHL and Dave Perkins, President and CEO, Molson Coors Canada

Monday, January 24th, 2011

Photo Blog: Canadian troops

Canadian Troops and Don Cherry

We love receiving photos of how we’re connecting with Canadians across the country…and across oceans. The photo above is of Lt Parker Donaldson (left) and Lt Durant (right) with Don Cherry in Afghanistan, wearing the Molson Canadian caps that we sent over for Operation Santa Claus this year!

Thank you for sharing these photos and for your brave service.  Cheers to you!

Canadian Troops

Group shot (Lt. Parker Donaldson on far right)

Monday, June 28th, 2010

Canada Day count down is on…Cheers to our Canadian Troops

DSC_0018

Last week I had the honour of organizing a beer delivery of Molson Canadian to Afghanistan with the help of the Canadian Forces Deployment Resources and Molson Coors’ logistics and distributions team.  With pride, I tweeted that I was doing so and the replies and tweet support that came back made me smile and just think about how much I love my job today and everyday because I work for a company that can and continues to support our troops around the world.

Canada Day Beer Delivery for Canadian Forces

Loading up the truck – Tim Young and Tonia Hammer (me), Molson Coors Canada in Toronto)

Care of @MolsonFerg (who I swear is a walking library on Molson history!), I learned that supplying support to Canadian troops has been a tradition at Molson as far back as the late 1700s when John Molson served his country as a politician in peacetime – and as a soldier during war.

Throughout the War of 1812-14, Mr. Molson – the force behind the establishment of the country’s first commercial steamboat enterprise – enlisted in the force along with two of his sons and dedicated his steamships to the service of the Crown. The Swiftsure was the first steamship to be used in war.

So, on behalf of our employees here at Molson Coors Canada, cheers all of our Canadian Armed Forces and their families – ongoing, but especially now as Canada Day approaches.  We’re raising a toast to your brave service.

Cheers, @MolsonTonia

Canada Day Beer Delivery for Canadian Forces