Archive for the Molson Canadian category

Tuesday, February 11th, 2014

Nous vous présentons nos athlètes du programme Appuyons un champion de Molson Canadian

KeltieHansen CodySorensen EricRadford LaurentDubreuil SarahReid GeorgiaSimmerling PhillipeMarquis JessicaHewitt LennyValjas GenevieveLacasse

Le lancement des Jeux olympiques ayant lieu sous peu, Molson
Canadian souhaite vous présenter nos 10 athlètes financés par le programme
Appuyons un champion:

Laurent Dubreuil Patinage de vitesse – longue piste
Keltie Hansen Ski acrobatique – Demi-lune
Jessica Hewitt   Patinage de vitesse – courte piste
Genevieve Lacasse Hockey sur glace féminin (gardien de but)
Phillipe Marquis Ski acrobatique – Bosses
Eric Radford Patinage artistique en duo avec Meaghan Duhamel
Sarah Reid Skeleton
Georgia Simmerling Ski Cross
Cody Sorensen Bobsleigh à 4 hommes: Freineur – Canada 2
Lenny Valjas Ski de fond

En septembre, chaque athlète a reçu 10 000 $ de la part de Molson Canadian afin de financer une partie de ses derniers préparatifs avant de se rendre à Sotchi.

Nous sommes enchantés que 9 de ces 10 athlètes aient été choisis pour faire partie d’Équipe Canada dans leurs disciplines sportives respectives au cours des dernières semaines. Plusieurs de ces athlètes connaissent leur meilleure saison, s’étant classés parmi les 3 ou 5 premiers lors du circuit de la Coupe du monde.

Veuillez vous joindre à nous pour les encourager.

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014

Meet our Molson Canadian Fund a Champion Athletes

KeltieHansen CodySorensen EricRadford LaurentDubreuil SarahReid
GeorgiaSimmerling PhillipeMarquis JessicaHewitt LennyValjas GenevieveLacasse

With the 2014 Winter Olympic Games about to kick off, we’d like to introduce you to our ten Fund a Champion Athletes:

Laurent Dubreuil Speed Skating – Long Track
  Keltie Hansen Freestyle Skiing – Halfpipe
  Jessica Hewitt   Speed Skating – Short Track
  Genevieve Lacasse Women’s Ice Hockey (Goalie)
  Phillipe Marquis Freestyle Skiing – Moguls
  Eric Radford Figure Skating – Pairs with Meaghan Duhamel
  Sarah Reid Skeleton
  Georgia Simmerling Ski Cross
  Cody Sorensen 4-Man Bobsleigh: Brakeman Canada 2
  Lenny Valjas Cross Country Skiing

In September each athlete received $10,000 from Molson Canadian to go towards their final preparations on the road to Sochi.

We are pleased to say that 9 of the 10 athletes were named to the Canadian Olympic Team in their respective sports! Many of these athletes are having their best season ever with recent top 5 and top 3 placements on the World Cup circuit.

Please join us as we cheer them on!

Thursday, December 19th, 2013

Molson Canadian’s newest beer fridge journey

Molson Canadian Beer Fridge - Eastern Indonesia

No matter where you are in the world, every Canadian should be able to cheer on Team Canada during the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. On Dec 26th, we’re launching a new campaign on TV showing just how far we, and our drinkers, would go to make that happen. This initiative marks the second chapter of our iconic red beer fridge; We first toured it around Europe in June – the only way to open then was with a Canadian passport.

This time, all in the name of hockey, we went even further! We sought out a remote Canadian die-hard hockey fan in Indonesia. We tracked down his best friends here in Canada and sent them halfway around the world to surprise him with the beer fridge, filled with new Molson Canadian Victory Bottles and a way to watch the Olympic Games. And it’s all real. Check it out:

Friday, November 8th, 2013

“I am Canadian” receives 2013 Canadian Advertising Museum McLuhan Award

I Am Canadian Logo

The Molson Canadian team together with agencies MacLaren and Bensimon Byrne, was honoured with the CAM McLuhan Award for “I am Canadian” at last night’s annual Advertising & Design Club of Canada’s Direction 2013 Awards.

Molson Canadian - The Rant

This award is presented to a campaign that has, over time and using a variety of media, had a powerful impact on Canadian advertising, and Canadian culture. It’s awarded to the marketer and their agency team whose partnership produced a campaign that is truly “game changing.” The wave of patriotism in Canadian young people incited by “I am Canadian” was unprecedented. That a Canadian beer should inspire such intense nationalism also seems uniquely Canadian.

First introduced in 1994, it became a form of general expression and years later “The Rant” debuted in 1999. It came with a new integrated campaign featuring “Joe Canada” and saw over 40,000 digital parodies posted online at iam.ca by consumers voicing their passion for beer and pride for the best part of North America.

“I am Canadian” was a large part of the reason why I wanted to start my career at Molson Coors. It has become an iconic beacon of Canadianism and one of the most historic marketing campaigns in Canada. It still gets me every time I watch those commercials.

My name is Melisa and I AM CANADIAN!

Cheers,
@MolsonMelisa

For your viewing pleasure:

“The Rant” (Bensimon Bryne)

News Coverage of “The Rant”

“Classic” (MacLaren Advertising)

“Beaver” (Bensimon Bryne)

Tuesday, May 21st, 2013

Canadians making their mark in Dublin

MOLSON-CANADIAN_IRELAND_2013_0885

Earlier this year we asked Canadians from coast to coast to share their stories about how they’ve left their mark as a Canadian, and lots of people started sharing their memories and adventures with us. The Make Your Mark contest ended with us sending 12 lucky Canadians on a weekend trip to Dublin, Ireland!

MOLSON-CANADIAN_IRELAND_2013_0832 MOLSON-CANADIAN_IRELAND_2013_0771 MOLSON-CANADIAN_IRELAND_2013_0609 MOLSON-CANADIAN_IRELAND_2013_0596

Upon arrival, the winners tried their hand at Irish dancing, hurling, gaelic football and many more activities as part of their weekend adventure.

MOLSON-CANADIAN_IRELAND_2013_0959

Kiss me, I’m Canadian!

The group visited a variety of pubs and purchased Molson Canadian beers for other guests, and celebrated in true Canadian-style. Beavers, Mounties and beer, oh my!

MOLSON-CANADIAN_IRELAND_2013_1354

Don’t believe us? Just watch the video below to get a taste of what happened when Canadians got together…in the Emerald Isle!