Archive for the Fundraising events category

Thursday, January 23rd, 2014

40 ans de tradition à redonner à la communauté

Le samedi 21 décembre dernier, DIX employés du service de la Distribution participaient à la 73e campagne de jouets des pompiers de la Ville de Sherbrooke. Les employés de Molson Coors de Sherbrooke participent à cette cause depuis plus de 40 ans.

Sherbrooke-Toy-Distribution

Félicitations à Daniel Tisdel pour avoir organisé l’activité de cette année ainsi qu’à Michael Panneton, Kevin Glaude, Jérôme Larouche, Maxime Packwood, Olivier-Paul St-Germain, Josée Lortie, Yves St-Laurent, Richard Lacroix, Paul Panneton ainsi que leurs conjoints/conjointes pour leur participation à cette belle initiative!

Grâce à cette campagne de jouets, 762 enfants de 470 familles ont reçu un cadeau à Noël

Thursday, October 10th, 2013

Give’R on the Water

For almost 10 years, our team in Atlantic Canada has been committed to “Give’R”, a community fundraiser that’s tagged “The Best Friday of Every Month, the Last Friday of Every Month.”

Give-R_1

For each Give’R event, a local charity or community group is selected as beneficiary, a local bar secured to host, and one of our products is selected to be sampled. Guests pay a small cover fee which goes directly to the charity, and as thanks, we provide the first sample as people arrive. The event is run in conjunction with one of our major radio partners, who send one of their on-air DJ’s to host the event.

Give-R_2

Thus far in 2013, the Give’R events hosted across the Atlantic have raised more than $16,000 for local charities, highlighted by the August Give’R in Nova Scotia, a signature event each summer that takes place out at sea on the Tall Ship Silva – one of Halifax’s most recognizable sailboats.

Final August Tally:

• 150 guests
  • $1,250 raised in 50/50 draw (with the winner donating back half)
  • $2,000 to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
  • 1 best night all Summer
Wednesday, August 28th, 2013

Michael Coss with “Courage to Come Back” is at it again…

Michael Coss Coquitlam

If you follow our community blog you will be familiar with a few stories about the miraculous recovery of Michael Coss after a terrible accident seven years ago that caused a brain injury and total immobility at the time. Michael has continued to fight back from days when he and his family were told that he would never walk again. He shared this story with me this week. I promised Michael that I would post this for him. As we step into Our Beer Print month at Molson Coors, it’s a natural fit to shine a light on this terrific story about a man who had the courage to come back. Cheers Michael !

Saturday, September 7th will see a more DIVERSE group of hikers take to the trail for the 4th Annual Coquitlam Crunch Challenge.

On Saturday, September 7, Michael Coss and event founder Alex Bell invite Tri-City residents to come out for the Crunch Challenge to help demonstrate the power of community and show how much more is possible when we embrace diversity. The hike-a-thon is a fundraising event to build an Embracing Diversity Community Fund with the Coquitlam Foundation.

Using just a cane, brain injury survivor and activist Michael Coss will take on the Crunch to help Bell launch a new participation category encouraging people with mobility challenges to join the event and enjoy the trail. Once told he would never walk, talk or feed himself independently again, Michael’s motto is ‘Anything is possible, when you believe’. Just a year out of his wheelchair, Michael says, “I am pumped…” to be using just a cane to take to the trail and lead the way for people with mobility barriers to participate in the event.

Michael is on his own journey to ‘Anything’s Possible”. After suffering a Traumatic Brain injury in a 2006 MVA, Michael’s family was told he would never walk or talk. Since that time, Michael has become a published author, from his hospital bed Michael was the biggest individual fundraiser for the 2007 Rick Hansen Wheels in Motion campaign, participated in two Terry Fox events and has launched a foundation to raise funds for rehabilitation options for brain injured children. Michael is pleased to have ‘divorced’ his wheelchair soon after winning the 2012 Courage to Come Back Award for Physical Rehabilitation. A former Coquitlam resident, Michael is an inspiration to many as he shares his message of “Anything is possible, when you believe.”

The Crunch Challenge continues to offer two additional participation categories: as early as 6:30 a.m. “Make-It-or-Break-It” challengers may start in pursuit of a personal best or the top spot by completing as many ascents as they can in a 12 hour period, then Recreational Category registration starts at 9 a.m. for participants wanting to enjoy the trail and support the idea of a welcoming and Diverse community.

The Crunch Challenge starts on the trail alongside the Lacrosse Box parking lot (behind Scott Creek Middle School), but Coss will arrive at 10 a.m. for a ‘Meet and Greet’ outside Northside Church at Lansdowne and David. The ‘Path to Anything’s Possible’ will officially launch at 10:30 a.m. once Bell hikes up from below to join Michael for the opening.

Using only a cane, Michael will make his way step-by-step from David, past the dog park and up to Bramblewood Elementary. Proceeds from the Crunch Challenge go to build a Community Diversity fund with the Coquitlam Foundation. Suggested donation is $20 per participant.

For details please see www.coquitlamcrunch.com or email queries to coquitlamcrunch@gmail.com

PHOTO CREDIT – Craig Hodge

Wednesday, July 10th, 2013

Ted Moroz, Prez of Ontario Beer Store and Team Make a Difference

team ted

This evening I received a note from Ted Moroz, President of the Beer Store system in Ontario. He was recounting the reasons that he and his team engage in an annual fundraising effort for Leukemia and Lymphoma research. I will let you read it for yourself. It is a terrific reflection on how we can make a difference for those in need. Thanks for sharing Ted and thanks for letting me share on our blog. Cheers to the difference that you and the employees and customers of the Beer Store continue to make.

Here it is…

“Why do I raise funds to fight Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Blood Cancers?

A couple of years ago, while participating in our annual “Returns for Leukemia” bottle drive at the Alliston Beer Store, I noticed members of our team approach a mom and her little boy, who were beginning to pile empties on a cart, to explain what we were doing – collecting empty beer, wine and liquor containers and cashing them in to donate to blood cancer research. The mom replied that her young son, who we figured was about 9 or 10, had just spent several hours cleaning up the garage and gathering up the empties so the refund coming back was rightfully his. We smiled understandingly and started to help them with the empties regardless. We were out of earshot, but saw the little boy tug on his mom’s sleeve and she bent down to speak with him. The mom rose to look at us with a tear in her eye and she relayed that her little boy had a friend at school who was sick with Leukemia and he wanted to donate these empties to help his friend.

A few months ago, a very close friend and one of the best bosses I ever had buried his son after he lost his battle with Lymphoma. I don’t think any parent should ever have to bury her or his own child and experience such unbearable agony.

There is an employee at our Brampton distribution centre by the name of Chris Bidner. And Chris’s wife Jane is also a beer store employee and 12R24 member who works at one of our Guelph locations. Besides being all round nice people, Chris and Jane have always been big supporters of our annual fundraising campaigns and Chris is a real go-getter when it comes to raising the bar and encouraging his co-workers at Brampton DC to help out. Chris and Jane’s four year-old grandson Nevan has been diagnosed with Leukemia and will endure treatments for the next 2 years.

Last year at the Quarter Century meeting, a celebration we have for employees upon achieving twenty five years of service, I ran into Jim Silva and his wife Margaret. Jim is a store manager in Toronto. Margaret went on to tell me how proud she was that her husband’s company, along with UFCW Local 12R24, raised so much for Leukemia research. Their 18 year old daughter Samantha, who had just started school at the University of Guelph, and had made the Lacrosse team, had been diagnosed with Leukemia. Samantha is in remission thanks to the advances of modern day research and returned to Guelph last year helping her Lacrosse team make it to the finals. Jim also wanted to pass along how vitally important it is to donate blood.

So why do I help raise funds for Leukemia research? I do it so little kids can just be little kids and not have to worry or see their friends have leukemia. I do it so parents do not have to bury their children who have succumbed to the awful diseases. I do it so Jane and Chris Bidner can watch their grandchild grow and other four year olds do not have to go through multiple years of chemotherapy. I do it so that Jim and Margaret can cheer on Samantha and her lacrosse team. That’s why.

This past year, The Beer Store and Local 12R24 raised over $1.7 million in the fight against blood cancers. Next year’s campaign is officially underway and I am going to once again run a half marathon (21K) to help out and raise money for the fight.

If you have already made a donation to someone on our team or your company has already donated then I apologize for sending this to you. Thank you and by all means “delete’. But if you have not donated and would like to make a donation to support my participation in Team In Training and help advance LLSC’s mission, that would be greatly appreciated. I hope you’ll visit my web site. Cheers and thank you for your support!

Ted Moroz

You can help support me by making a secure online donation using your credit card. Click on the link below:

Ted’s Pledge Page

You will receive an email confirmation, along with your tax receipt for your donation and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation. I thank you in advance for your support, and really appreciate your generosity!!”

Thanks Ted ! @MolsonFerg

Monday, July 8th, 2013

Molson Coors remet 10 000 $ à la Fondation de l’athlète d’excellence du Québec

Le vendredi 5 juillet dernier, avait lieu la soirée feux d’artifice du toit de la brasserie Molson Coors à Montréal. Le pays représenté était Hong Kong, Chine. Le repas servi était excellent et le toit de la brasserie est un lieu privilégié pour observer les spectacles de pyrotechnie qui se tiennent à La Ronde. 

Les profits de cette soirée, 10 000 $, ont été remis à la Fondation de l’athlète d’excellence du Québec. La Fondation de l’athlète d’excellence du Québec est un organisme regroupant des intervenants de divers milieux, notamment du milieu des affaires, de l’éducation et du sport. L’organisation a pour mission de soutenir financièrement et d’appuyer les étudiants-athlètes dans leur poursuite de l’excellence académique et sportive et de contribuer à la promotion de modèles dans la société québécoise.

Ce généreux don a été rendu possible grâce à la participation de 120 employés et leurs invités, à Eurest qui a fourni la nourriture et au Club Molson Coors. 

De plus, les Anges Molson étaient présentes et offraient à la fin de la soirée des coupons de taxi pour un retour à la maison sécuritaire.

Feux d'artifice_5 juillet