Archive for the Awards category

Friday, April 25th, 2014

Great Day for Molson Coors at the 2014 World Beer Cup

Molson Coors added to its collection of brewing honors when the 2014 World Beer Cup Awards were announced in Denver last Friday evening.

World Beer Cup

Eight Molson Coors beers received individual honors, including a sweep of the “American-Style Lager or Light Lager or Pilsener.”  In addition this year, Coors Brewing Company and MillerCoors’ head brewmaster, Dr. David Ryder, was recognized as the champion brewery and brewmaster (respectively) among large brewing companies.

Following is the complete list of brand medals won by Molson Coors:

GOLD
Coors Light (Coors Brewing Co.) – American-Style Lager or Light Lager or Pilsener
George Killian’s Irish Red (Coors Brewing Co.) – Irish-Style Red Ale
Winterfest (AC Golden Brewing Company) – American-Style Amber Lager

SILVER
Miller Genuine Draft (Miller Brewing Co.) — American-Style Lager or Light Lager or Pilsener
Icehouse (Plank Road Brewery) – American-Style Cream Ale

BRONZE
Coors Banquet – (Coors Brewing Co.) American-Style Lager or Light Lager or Pilsener
Henry Weinhard’s Blue Boar (Blitz-Weinhard Brewing) – American Style Cream Ale
Cornish Pilsner (Sharp’s Brewery) – International-Style Lager

The 2014 World Beer Cup featured competition in 94 styles of beer, with 4,754 individual beers entered. Those beers came from 1,403 breweries and 58 countries. Click here for the full list of 2014 winners.

Monday, April 14th, 2014

Kamenitza Fan Cup Receives Award for Responsibility

For 11 years, Kamenitza has hosted the biggest amateur soccer tournament in Bulgaria, aptly named the Kamenitza Fan Cup. At this year’s 11th annual Responsible Business Awards, the Kamenitza Fan cup received the first runner-up award for excellence in cause-related marketing.

Kamenitza Fan Cup 2

The annual awards ceremony, organized by the Bulgarian Business Leaders Forum, recognizes those Bulgarian businesses that excel in corporate social responsibility. The Responsible Business Awards is the most prestigious CSR competition in Bulgaria and this year a record number of companies participated. A total of 56 companies competed in seven different categories. Winners were selected by an independent jury of distinguished professionals from the fields of business, media, government and NGOs. With their first runner-up finish, Kamenitza is certainly proving that improving Our Beer Print can be fun.

The Kamenitza Fan Cup provides an excellent opportunity for non-professional players all across the country to practice their favorite sport in professional environment in the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play. The tournament lasts for more than 7 months and covers all 27 regional cities. In 2013, a record number of 18,000 players and 1,800 teams participated and winners were awarded with a trip to the legendary Maracana Stadium in Brazil!

Kamenitza Fan Cup

Wednesday, March 19th, 2014

Recognizing a Champion of Hope

We’ve always known that being a great beer company involves more than just brewing. In that tradition, the Denver and Golden offices hold an annual giving campaign to support the Mile High United Way and make a positive impact in our community.

This year’s campaign raised a record breaking $175,000 – an increase of 30% over last year!

Champion of Hope

Each year, Mile High United Way honours exceptional companies for their outstanding employee campaigns and demonstrated commitment to the community. Molson Coors received the Champion of Hope award, which recognizes companies who go above and beyond financial contribution to Mile High United Way with in-kind donations, volunteerism and by creating a culture of giving within their organizations.

Cheers to the Denver and Golden offices for helping to improve our positive Beer Print in the communities we live and work.

Thursday, January 23rd, 2014

Top of the class: Our Beer Print is recognized again

For the second consecutive year, we’ve received the Industry Leader and Gold Class distinction for our excellent sustainability performance in the RobecoSAM’s Sustainability Yearbook 2014.

RobecoSAM_SustAward Industry Leader 2014_rgb_U

The Sustainability Yearbook looks back at companies’ sustainability performance in 2013 and ranks them as Gold, Silver or Bronze. The top performing company from each of the 59 industries is awarded RobecoSAM Industry Leader. Click here to view a full list of Industry Leaders.

This year, RobecoSAM made it more challenging to be a yearbook member requiring companies to be within the top 15% of their industry in regards to sustainability practices. And, they must also achieve a score within 30% of their Industry Leader’s score to make the cut. This effectively makes being a yearbook member a more exclusive acknowledgement of a company’s sustainability practices.

This recognition proudly sits alongside last year’s other Our Beer Print successes: World Beverage Sector Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and achieving a position of leadership in the in CDP’s S&P 500 Climate Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI).

These recognitions prove that by working to improve our positive Our Beer Print, we can win the right way!

Friday, November 8th, 2013

“I am Canadian” receives 2013 Canadian Advertising Museum McLuhan Award

I Am Canadian Logo

The Molson Canadian team together with agencies MacLaren and Bensimon Byrne, was honoured with the CAM McLuhan Award for “I am Canadian” at last night’s annual Advertising & Design Club of Canada’s Direction 2013 Awards.

Molson Canadian - The Rant

This award is presented to a campaign that has, over time and using a variety of media, had a powerful impact on Canadian advertising, and Canadian culture. It’s awarded to the marketer and their agency team whose partnership produced a campaign that is truly “game changing.” The wave of patriotism in Canadian young people incited by “I am Canadian” was unprecedented. That a Canadian beer should inspire such intense nationalism also seems uniquely Canadian.

First introduced in 1994, it became a form of general expression and years later “The Rant” debuted in 1999. It came with a new integrated campaign featuring “Joe Canada” and saw over 40,000 digital parodies posted online at iam.ca by consumers voicing their passion for beer and pride for the best part of North America.

“I am Canadian” was a large part of the reason why I wanted to start my career at Molson Coors. It has become an iconic beacon of Canadianism and one of the most historic marketing campaigns in Canada. It still gets me every time I watch those commercials.

My name is Melisa and I AM CANADIAN!

Cheers,
@MolsonMelisa

For your viewing pleasure:

“The Rant” (Bensimon Bryne)

News Coverage of “The Rant”

“Classic” (MacLaren Advertising)

“Beaver” (Bensimon Bryne)